Aloha Bliss circle,
Journey from head to heart...
Allow yourself to make the journey from head to heart.
The heart is the home of our soul, a bridge between source consciousness that moves through us and all life, and the grounding, nourishing energy of Mother Earth.
When we dwell in heart space, we are fully embodied
see with a broader, wiser, unconditional lens.
We feel the interconnectedness of all life, and understand
that we are all simply part of the one unified field.
This journey from head to heart is not always an easy one.
Modern culture encourages a mental focus, promoting
endless analysis, talking, judgement, ego, competition,
ʻsurvival thinkingʻ, domination, and separation.
Most European lineages have been colonized in this pyramid culture
for so many generations (millenia really), that they are not aware how colonized
they are. Imbalanced thinking and behaviour has become ʻnormalizedʻ and promoted as ʻprogressʻ and the way forward
for next generations, and other colonized dominated peoples.
Bullying for example is one imprint of pyramid culture colonization.
This is a sad reality to face, and take responsibility for,
as this way of thinking/being is actually very imbalanced
and unhealthy not only for humans and their relationships with
each other, but for
Mother Earth and all life.
A mentally focused pyramid culture promotes hierarchy, an artificial, material, money focus, and attitudes of entitlement, convenience, ʻtakingʻ, ʻsellingʻ , manipulation, and superiority and dominion over others and the Earth.
It enslaves people in a machine of endless production and consumption, and fosters a perception of ʻnot enoughnessʻ and poverty consciousness.
Overall this way of being fosters
an unwell mind,
disconnected from feelings, empathy and heart,
greatly limits the capacity for deeper relationship and awareness.
The legacy over generations is broken families, fractured communities, and emotionally and spiritually fractured ways of being and relating.
Many families live in separation and trauma, with broken, superficial relationships, and patterns of distrust, mental unwellness, emotional numbing and disconnection. There is often little awareness of how to heal and move past the lineage trauma
and foster healthier relationships with self, others, and the Earth. In this pattern of enslavement, the work
of many serve the profits of a few, and in so doing create great imbalance with Mother Earth, based on an imprint of greed/fear, domination and ʻnever ʻenoughʻ.
This sad state of affairs requires that we be willing to ʻwake upʻ and shift from mental fearful ʻsurvival thinkingʻ into ʻcreation thinkingʻ, based in the heart.
We must be willing to slow down, in order to connect with heart/spirit awareness, and to connect with deeper wisdom, knowledge and practices that promote true well-being and the interconnectedness
of all life.
Circle culture is the way of being of most Indigenous cultures and original lineages on Earth. Circle culture thinking values living in harmony and deep relationship with Mother Earth, each other, and all life.
Circle culture cultivates an awareness of body and breath, and a refined spiritual, energetic, and emotional/relational awareness. It views humans as one humble part of an interconnected circle of all life. It seeks to nurture a good mind and heart, and to cultivate good relations with family, community, Mother Earth and all life.
If we look back far enough in our lineages, we will likely find
circle culture roots in all of our traditions.
What is the way forward?
We can reclaim our circle culture roots and
from head to heart.
Some helpful suggestions:
- Allow yourself to slow down.
Practices that connect with body, breath and feelings are all helpful, as they invite us to slow down and feel the truth, to release and open, and to listen to the wisdom within.
- Cultivate practices that nourish compassion and
empathy, as they are like flowers in the garden of your heart. We need to practice empathy and compassion in order to experience more joyful, authentic and fulfilling relationships.
- Cultivate practices that expand your awareness. When we expand our awareness we begin to take responsibility for our own energy and way of being/thinking every day.
- Recognize when you are being more mentally focused, and involved in: over-analyzing, small habitual thinking, worrying, fearing, judging, rushing, pushing...
and gently let go, and return to the breath (a full, deep breath). When we choose to slow down and connect to breath and body, we lessen any ʻmental tyrannyʻ and return home to heart. The mind is a powerful tool of course, but in service of the heart. I highly encourage the practice of meditation daily to cultivate mental spaciousness and a return to heart.
- Seek out community where connection and space for sharing truths and deeper reflections is encouraged, respected and valued.
- Cultivate relationship skills based on respectful listening and deeper understanding. Be willing to challenge and question your own views, thinking, beliefs.
- Cultivate relationship, first with yourself, that is honest and authentic, and then with others. Nurture a capacity to listen, share and relate deeply, to evolve emotionally, to heal, and to grow.
- Cultivate practices that expand your feeling of love for yourself and for others.
- Cultivate practices where you naturally feel joyful and playful! : ) This is always a way home to heart. Learn from the way of children.
- Cultivate and value your gifts. We are each born with a special path and purpose, and our gifts are often what comes most naturally and easily to us. Allow yourself to enjoy, develop, and share your gifts. Gifts always grow in a heart space.
- Spend time in nature with Mother Earth every day - Mother Earth is a loving, benevolent and potent healer, available to each of us every day. Whenever we connect with her - the ground, grass, sun, waters, plants, trees, birds and other animals, we feel restored and come home to heart with a renewed sense of peace and clarity.
It is time to evolve beyond limiting mental imprints,
to expand our awareness
and ascend our energy!
Allow yourself to move beyond what is habitual, ʻcomfortableʻ,
and move into heart space to harness your
full creative and connective power!
Be willing to let go of everything that no longer serves you...
old thinking, beliefs, clutter, ʻstuffʻ, and a
worried small fearful mental focus.
Open your mind and heart and be willing
to listen to and share truths.
Be willing to be uncomfortable.
Be courageous and willing to heal the
in your own life and lineage.
Be open to new thinking, new persepctives, and deeper relationships.
Become a bridge... into more balance, beauty, connection and love.
Remember love prevails over all trauma.
Allow yourself to navigate in heart stream, and
trust you will be guided well in natural, authentic ways.
Purify your mind and body. As many teachers have encouraged -
BE the Light you wish to see.
I have happily held space now for about 20 years, offering a variety of Bliss modalities in movement (yoga, dance), art, meditation, and healing/living arts. I have been very honoured and happy to be a bridge and a guide - inviting others to come home to heart/spirit, to listen to their own inner guidance/wisdom, and to support well-being
and deeper spiritual/energetic awareness.
The space I hold reflects that
all are sacred and valuable,
tuned to the same source,
expressing in unique ways,
and that we are here to dwell and create in joy : ),
always connected in this unified field of love.
It is an honour to be a bridge and a guide
on the journey home to heart.
I have always felt myself to be a ʻcircle culture' being : )
incarnated here to support an
evolving human consciousness,
with avision of a more
Earth time ahead.
Mother Earth is going through a cycle of purification...
may we flow with her during these changing times.
May you dwell in peace and love
and know the beauty that you are.
Some sharings below, also supporting a heartful way of being...
ʻUnified Heart Spaceʻ Guided Meditation
Earth Love & Stewardship
- Living Aloha ʻĀina, Mālama ʻĀina wherever we are,
Island Morning Yoga Flow video
Journey from Head to Heart Blog
To learn more about Bliss offerings in
dance, art, Hawaiian and other healing arts,
please visit www.aboutbliss.com.
May you dwell and play in peace and joy this summer! : )
Shine your light!
love and namaste, Irena
(Bookmark Bliss Buzzz)
Unified Heart Space Guided Meditation
Allow yourself to come to a quiet spot, seated or lying down.
Relax your shoulders and allow the body to settle. If seated, allow your spine to be long and supportive.
- Gently close your eyes and draw your attention inwards. Allow your body to relax and simply breathe.
- Draw slow, full breaths, in and out of the body. Perhaps place a hand on your belly and feel it soften, relax.
- Feel the roots grounding you into Mother Earth - As you breathe in, begin to feel roots grounding you to Mother Earth down through your legs and feet. Feel the energy lines, like roots of a tree, flowing down deep into Mother Earth, grounding and connecting you to her strength, her nourishment and her wisdom. As you continue to breathe, feel the energy flow upwards, flowing into your feet, legs body, and into your heart centre. Take several full breaths here, feeling this grounding and nourishing connection to Mother Earth flowing in your heart centre.
- Feel the flow of divine Source above - Now as you breathe in, feel the connection to source consciousness - the one light, Great Spirit, God, however you wish to see it, flowing in through the top of your head, and flowing down into your heart space. Feel the clarity, light and wisdom of this unified field of love, filling you up from above. Mother Earth is also of course a reflection of this source consciousness, rooting us from below.
- Now tune to heart space - now feel your chest, your heart centre softening and opening, filling up with the energy lines from above and below. Feel this light unifying within your heart space and expanding to flow outwards in all directions. Feel and sense a clear strong energy/light streaming out from your heart centre, opening like the petals of a flower. Continue to breathe and feel the streams of energy (above and below) uniting and expanding in your heart space.
- Feel your heart expand - Feel/see this flower of light in your heart space filling, cleansing, expanding in all directions. Take several full deep breaths here.
- You may wish to continue to rest here for several minutes.
Please rest here for a while with this heart space awareness.
After your rest, simply come back to awareness, to your breath and body in the room, and enjoy some gentle stretches/movement before getting up and resuming your day. Feel the softness, openness of your heart.
Now allow yourself to navigate in heart stream as you go about your day.
From the light in me, to the light in you... Namaste
Give thanks to
We love you,
we thank you,
we respect you.
Living in Harmony with
Living Aloha ʻĀina, Mālama ʻĀina
(love and stewardship of the Earth)
wherever we are.
I had the great blessing to enjoy more sacred Hawaiian island time and participate on the ʻaina in community, with a few organizations, including the beautiful, inspiring Waipā Foundation an intact 1600 acre ahupuaʻ'a (Hawaiian land division) on the north shore of Kaua'i that promotes 'aina (land), Hawaiian culture and community, and the HILT (Hawaiian Island Land Trust).
These experiences were so nourishing and uplifting on all levels, and reminded me of how I feel we as humans are meant to live here - connected in supportive community, closely tied to land and culture. The Hawaiian culture carries such deep wisdom, values, and heartful knowledge and practices. It is a true blessing to participate on island in good ways.
Everywhere we are, we have an opportunity to give back to Mother Earth and to participate in local community in good ways.
We can each make Earth-friendly choices every day - to support local food growers, farmerʻs markets and community gardens, participate in Earth Stewardship, and in building more resilient, connected community wherever we are.
Sharing Medicine Circle/Wheel Wisdom
In many Turtle Island (North American) Indigenous Nations traditions the Medicine circle/wheel carries powerful teachings and acknowledges the interconnectedness of all life.
The wheel moves in a clockwise direction, and the teachings usually begin at the yellow or eastern, quadrant/door. The colours relate to deep teachings and a holistic perspective on: the four directions (east, south, west, north),
the seasons (spring, summer, autumn, winter),
the sacred plant medicines (cedar, sage, tobacco and sweetgrass),
the stages of life (child, youth, adult, elder),
the aspects of self (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual), the races of people,
the elements, animals, and more.
To learn more about Indigenous knowledge, wisdom and teachings, you may wish to visit the Indigenous Centre of Toronto and itʻs wonderful Cedar Basket gift shop (books, crafts and more), connect with cultural centres such as Dodem Kanonhsa’ and local First Nations/Indigenous communities in your area that may offer some open/public events with an opportunity to listen, learn and participate in good ways.
You can also begin to better educate yourself about Indigenous Nations and the true history and present-day circumstances on the lands that you/your family have settled on. Some suggestions include:
- books eg., most libraries now have an Indigenous author collection, also check Good Mind Books and other book resources,
- films like the NFB collection of inspiring Alanis Obomsawin films, the powerful, entertaining Rumble - The Indians who rocked the World doc, and the ImagineNATIVE Film Festival,
- powerful Indigenous Cultural Competency Training programs being offered locally,
- educating yourself on Treaties formed with Indigenous Nations on the lands where you live,
- read Canadaʻ's Truth & Reconciliation 94 Calls to Action,
- read the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP),
- learn about the Two Row Wampum an early agreement between Indigenous Nations and settlers on Turtle Island (North America).
- learn about the Anishinaabe 7 Fires Prophecy (and how we can come together as a 'rainbow tribe' to usher in a time of of peace, love, and harmony on Earth),
- support Raven Trust (respecting Indigenous values and environmental needs).
Island Morning Yoga Flow
Sharing this shorr Morning Yoga Flow video, if you wish to view first, and perhaps join in, if it's suitable for you.
Note: For experienced yoga practitioners.
In your own practice, enjoy cultivating a space of ease. An easeful practice supports union between body, mind and spirit.
Happy practicing! : )
To view other videos, visit my Youtube chennel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/irenabliss
include Yoga, Meditation, Art,
Hawaiian Healing Arts,
Thai Yoga Massage, and
Private Guidance sessions
To learn more about Bliss offerings visit
Bliss Youtube Channel! : )
Visit the Bliss Youtube Channel...
Enjoy some practices and other sharings at your leisure...
Click here to learn more about Bliss and offerings.
May your path ahead be filled with peace and joy.
Love and blessings,
"Momoe aku I mua."
(Move ahead with determination.)
Hawaiian ‘Ölelo No‘eau
back to top
Please contact Bliss if you have any inquiries, or would like to register.
Bliss classes, workshops and retreats are suitable for all levels.
Your privacy is protected. To unsubscribe, please email Bliss.
© 2019 Bliss Creative & Healing Arts